The nPV workshop will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands at “Science Center NEMO”: a unique place in Amsterdam comprising five floors packed with scientific and technological things to do and discover.
NEMO is located about 1.5 km from the central train station in Amsterdam. It is a large, eye-catching green building and can be reached on foot from Amsterdam Central Station in just 15 minutes. Take the station’s main exit, turn left immediately and follow the signposts. The route for pedestrians and cyclists is marked on the special ‘Route Oosterdok’ signposts from Central Station.
Science Center NEMO
As from 10 February 2012 it is no longer possible to book a room with special rate at the IBIS hotel via the nPV Workshop organization. We therefore ask you to contact the IBIS Hotel yourself or book a room at another hotel in Amsterdam.
Hotel IBIS Amsterdam Centre does not have an own parking area but there is a parking garage opposite to the hotel. The costs are 55 Euro per car per day. You can also choose to park your car a the car park at train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk. The costs are 8 Euro per day and includes a train ticket to Amsterdam Central station (5 minutes by train).
Parking at NEMO
NEMO advises you to park your car in one of the car parks near NEMO. At P1 Parking Waterlooplein and P1 Parking Amsterdam Centraal, you are eligible for a 10% discount on the parking rates.
How to reach the location
To NEMO (from IBIS hotel) by public transport (14 minutes)
1. Walk to Central Station (about 4 minutes, 280 meters)
2. Central station: take bus 22 towards Indische Buurt (5 minutes, 3 stops)
3. Kadijksplein: walk to Oosterdok 2, 1011 VX AMSTERDAM (about 5 minutes, 400 meters)
To Nemo (from IBIS hotel) By foot (1.6 km, 20 minutes)
1. Head southeast on Stationsplein
2. Turn right to stay on Stationsplein
3. Turn left onto Prins Hendrikkade
4. Slight left to stay on Prins Hendrikkade
5. Turn left onto Oosterdokskade
6. Turn right toward Oosterdok
7. Continue straight onto Oosterdok, destination will be on the right